- Applicant must be attending high school or equivalent level bf course of study in the southeast Michigan geographic area.
- Applicant must be seeking acceptance to or have been accepted at an accredited academic, vocational or technical school, or other job training for useful citizenship.
- Student must maintain good standing and passing grades, or equivalent, as determined by the school.
- Student must follow a program leading to a degree, certification or professionally recognized program of self-improvement, or training of the student for a job and life as a useful citizen.
- Student must make an effort toward self-support during vacation or non-school hours.
General Conditions for Continuance
- The student must continue to meet the eligibility requirements of the college, school or other approved training program.
- The student must arrange to have a copy of transcript of courses and grades sent directly to the Comer Foundation after each quarter or semester.
- The student must send a brief progress report to the Comer Foundation at the end of each academic quarter or semester, and a final report when his/her academic training is completed. These reports should indicate the progress he/she feels he/she is making toward the goals of this program, and a report of how funds have been spent.